After you get hit by a car as a pedestrian in Fredericksburg, you will have a lot of questions about your legal rights and options. The attorneys at Hill Law Firm can provide the answers you need. We are dedicated, highly experienced pedestrian accident attorneys who care about our clients. We can guide you through the process of holding a driver responsible for your pedestrian collision. Contact us today to request a free case consultation.
Fredericksburg Pedestrian Accident Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, click the corresponding links below.
How We Handle Your Case
Primary Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
How We Can Help
What Compensation May Be Available?
Steps to Follow After a Pedestrian Accident
Call a Lawyer Today
How Our Fredericksburg Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Handles Your Case
- Clients have trusted Fredericksburg car accident attorney Justin Hill for many years with even the most complicated personal injury claims. We are capable of handling any challenges that come our way.
- We are the right choice when results matter most. Our lawyers have obtained millions of dollars in successful case results for past clients using aggressive legal strategies.
- Our lawyers are affordable and work on a contingency fee basis. This means we do not charge a fee for our services upfront. You will only pay if we win your case.
What Are the Primary Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
Every year, the Texas Department of Transportation reports hundreds of injuries and deaths from pedestrian-vehicle collisions. These accidents are almost always preventable. They occur when someone is negligent, or fails to use a reasonable degree of care. Many types of driver negligence can result in serious and deadly pedestrian accidents in Fredericksburg.
Common examples include:
- Distracted driving or driver inattention
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians
- Running red lights at intersections
- Failing to obey traffic laws and control signals
While driver error is the number one cause of pedestrian accidents, pedestrians can also be at risk of being struck by motor vehicles due to roadway defects. Examples include a lack of crosswalks or sidewalks, poorly designed intersections, malfunctioning traffic lights, and dangerous construction zones.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Fredericksburg
Pedestrians are highly vulnerable to serious and catastrophic injuries in accidents with motor vehicles. Catastrophic injuries refer to harm that will change the victim’s life for the foreseeable future, such as by causing a long-term disability.
At Hill Law Firm, we can help clients with all types of injuries from pedestrian accidents, including:
- Broken bones
- Muscle and soft-tissue injuries
- Cuts, scrapes and lacerations
- Road rash
- Head injuries and skull fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal injuries
- Disfiguring scars
- Crush injuries
Injuries from a pedestrian accident in Fredericksburg could turn your life upside-down. You may be unable to return to work because of your injury and be faced with thousands of dollars in medical bills. In some cases, a pedestrian accident can cause fatal injuries and result in a Fredericksburg wrongful death lawsuit. Our lawyers can help you pick up the pieces and move forward.
How Our Fredericksburg Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
Hiring a pedestrian accident attorney in Fredericksburg can make it easier to hold a negligent driver responsible for your crash. A lawyer from Hill Law Firm can return to the scene of your accident, speak to eyewitnesses, collect copies of the accident report and take other steps to get to the bottom of what caused your crash.
Then, your lawyer can preserve and collect evidence to prove that the driver or another party is at fault for your accident. This can include evidence in the form of expert witness testimony, which can strengthen your claim. You can rest, relax and focus on recovering while your pedestrian accident lawyer handles complicated legal matters for you.
What Compensation May Be Available in Your Case?
At Hill Law Firm, we know that no amount of money will be enough to make up for your pedestrian accident. However, we hope to ease your financial burden after getting hit by a car in Fredericksburg by helping you obtain the financial compensation that you deserve from an at-fault party.
You may be able to recover the following types of compensation as an injured pedestrian in Texas:
- Medical and hospital bills
- Estimated future health care expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future capacity to earn
If you have to undergo surgeries, deal with chronic pain for the rest of your life, live with a disability that takes you out of work or you have other long-term effects from a pedestrian accident, it is even more important to hire a Fredericksburg personal injury attorney to help you seek maximum financial compensation for your immense losses.
Steps to Follow After a Pedestrian Accident
While it is normal to feel overwhelmed, frightened and confused after getting hit by a motor vehicle, try to remain calm. There are things that you should do – and should not do – in the aftermath of a pedestrian accident to protect yourself physically and financially.
Take the following steps after a pedestrian collision, if possible:
- Stay where you are and check for injuries. Keep in mind that your adrenaline may initially mask the pain of an injury.
- If you can, move out of the street and get to a safe place. Do not attempt to move if you suspect a neck or back injury, as this could exacerbate a potential spine injury.
- Call 911 immediately to report the pedestrian collision. You should always tell the authorities about these accidents to obtain a police report.
- Write down the driver’s information, including his or her name, address, vehicle information, and insurance information.
- Tell the police your side of the story when they arrive so that it is documented for the record. Do not admit fault for the crash.
- Go to a hospital without delay for professional medical care. This is an important step not only for your physical safety but also to show an insurer that you mitigated your losses.
- Keep copies of all accident-related bills, receipts, records, medical documents and reports. Document any lost wages you suffer, as well.
- Call the driver’s car insurance company to file an injury claim as soon as possible. Do not give a recorded statement or accept the very first settlement offered to you.
You should consult with a Fredericksburg pedestrian accident lawyer before continuing your claim. A lawyer from Hill Law Firm can help you negotiate with an insurance company and fight for fair financial compensation. We offer free, no-obligation consultations.
Speak to Our Fredericksburg Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
The right attorney can make your legal experience easier, more successful and less stressful. If you or a loved one requires assistance with a pedestrian or truck accident claim in Fredericksburg, you can contact us to request a free case consultation with an experienced attorney. Hill Law Firm has the resources, personnel and knowledge that you need to recover from a pedestrian collision. Call (210) 960-3939 today for more information.