Personal injuries can lead to significant setbacks for victims and their family members. Not only does a person have to deal with the pain and suffering caused by an injury, but also the financial mess the medical bills and time away from work can cause. At Hill Law Firm, our Kyle, TX personal injury lawyers can fully investigate every aspect of your claim and work to recover total compensation for your losses. We have no problem standing up to aggressive insurance carriers to ensure that you are properly cared for.
Kyle Personal Injury Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, please click the corresponding link below.
Why Choose Hill Law Firm?
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Kyle
How Much does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
What Damages Can You Recover?
Compensation Available for a Personal Injury Case
Kyle Civil Court Important Information
Should I Talk to an Insurance Adjuster?
Speak to an Attorney Today
Why Turn to Hill Law Firm a Kyle Personal Injury Claim?
- At Hill Law Firm, our team focuses on providing a client-centered approach to every case that we take, and many of our clients come to us from referrals.
- We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of injured clients throughout the state of Texas, both through injury settlements and personal injury trial verdicts.
- We handle Kyle personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until we successfully recover the compensation they are entitled to.
You Need a Lawyer for a Personal Injury Case in Kyle
Handling a personal injury claim by yourself in Kyle, Texas, is not a good idea. The reality is that at-fault parties and their insurance carriers will put up a fight from having to pay compensation. When you have a personal injury attorney by your side, you will have an advocate that will:
- Fully investigate the incident and uncover all evidence needed to prove liability.
- Ensure you are evaluated by a trusted doctor who can treat your injuries and help calculate total expected losses.
- Engage in vigorous negotiations with insurance carriers involved in order to recover full compensation for your losses.
- Fully prepare to take your case to a trial by jury if necessary to ensure you are treated fairly.
Hiring a lawyer increases the odds of collecting fair and full financial compensation for your injuries without the stress. You can rest, relax and concentrate on your recovery while a lawyer handles the complicated legal elements of your case for you.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Hill Law Firm
The team at Hill Law Firm is regularly able to represent individuals who have sustained injuries in a wide variety of ways. This includes injuries caused by vehicle accidents in Kyle, Texas as well as injuries caused by any variety of negligence. Our team has extensive experience helping those who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
- Broken or fractured bones
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Crush injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional and psychological trauma
If you don’t see your type of injury on this list, don’t worry. It is not a comprehensive look at every type of case that we handle. Our attorneys have years of experience representing victims after car crashes, workplace accidents, slip and falls, dog attacks, and more. We know what it takes to handle even the most complicated injury claim.
How Much Does a Kyle Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
The number one reason most people give for not wanting to hire a lawyer is the perceived costs of doing so. Many personal injury attorneys have resolved this issue, however, by operating on a contingency fee basis. At Hill Law Firm, we keep our fees affordable for everyone by only charging our clients as a percentage of the overall settlement or judgment award won. You will never pay our lawyers out of pocket, win or lose.
If we do not secure financial compensation for your losses, we won’t charge you a cent in legal fees for our services. If your case is successful, we will charge our fees as a percentage of the amount collected. Typically, contingency fee rates fall between 25 percent and 40 percent of the award, with 33 percent (around one-third) being the most common. The fee rate will depend on the case, however, such as how much work it takes to resolve the matter.
Whether hiring a personal injury attorney is worth the cost depends on your case. If you have a simple personal injury case with no injuries and no liability dispute, you may be able to resolve it on your own. If there are any challenges or complications, however, you can almost always achieve greater compensation with assistance from a personal injury lawyer, even after taking into account the cost of hiring the attorney.
What Damages Are Available for an Injury?
Obtaining damages (financial compensation) in a personal injury case can help a victim move forward with the money that he or she needs. The damages available in a personal injury case in Kyle are divided into three main categories. While each case is unique and the list of available damages is not the same for every client, all claimants in Texas have the right to seek compensation for losses that fall within the three groups:
- Economic damages. Economic damages are the most common. They are awarded to make up for the financial or monetary losses suffered by the accident victim. They are also referred to as special or tangible damages. Economic damages can be calculated by adding up all of the bills, invoices and costs associated with an accident. It is also important for a victim to estimate the future foreseeable economic costs associated with an injury.
- Noneconomic damages. These are the general or intangible losses suffered by a victim. They refer to the mental, emotional and personal side of a personal injury case. They are often referred to as “pain and suffering.” Noneconomic damages are more difficult to calculate, as they do not come with hard numbers. A jury generally decides the amount a victim receives in noneconomic damages based on the extent of his or her injuries.
- Punitive damages. Punitive or exemplary damages are awarded less often than economic and noneconomic damages. Rather than reimbursing an injured victim, punitive damages punish a defendant for actions that are viewed as especially negligent, malicious, reckless or wanton. Punitive damages, when awarded, are given in addition to compensatory damages.
Like most states, Texas has damage caps, or statutory limits on the amount of financial compensation available for certain damages. Texas law has a limit on how much can be recovered in a case brought against a government entity – $250,000 per person and $500,000 per accident. A damage cap also applies to punitive damages; no plaintiff can receive more than $200,000 or twice the amount of noneconomic damages plus an equal amount of noneconomic damages, up to $750,000.
Compensation Available for Your Personal Injury Case
It is important to make a comprehensive list of all of your past and future losses when demanding financial compensation for an injury in Kyle. We strive to recover both economic and non-economic losses on behalf of every client that we help. This includes compensation for:
- All medical bills associated with the incident
- Lost income if a person cannot work
- Any household out-of-pocket expenses caused by the injury
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Property damage expenses
Our attorneys will work closely with you to ensure that you do not miss any potential opportunities for financial compensation. We will fight for the damages that you deserve for all of your past and future losses.
Kyle Civil Court Important Information
Most personal injury cases are resolved with settlements. A settlement is achieved through negotiations between an insurance company and a claimant outside of court. Some cases, however, must go to trial. If your personal injury case goes to trial in Kyle, Texas, it will most likely be heard by the City of Kyle Municipal Court:
- Address: 100 W Center St., Kyle, TX 78640
- Phone: (512) 262-3994 or toll-free at (877) 262-KYLE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Presiding Judge: Andrew W. Cable
Bringing a personal injury case to court in Kyle does not have to be daunting. With an experienced trial lawyer by your side, you can rest assured that your case will be presented with exceptional storytelling and compelling evidence. The legal team at Hill Law Firm has extensive experience representing clients in the local courts in and around Kyle.
Should I Talk to an Insurance Adjuster?
In general, it is in your best interest not to talk to an insurance claims adjuster. The adjuster is the insurance representative assigned to evaluate your claim and make a recommendation to the insurance company on whether to accept or reject benefits. The adjuster is not on your side; he or she is trained to save the insurance company as much money as possible on your claim. Be careful what you say to the insurance adjuster, as he or she can use what you say against you to diminish the value of your claim or deny benefits. If you aren’t confident discussing your claim with the insurance adjuster, hire an attorney to do so for you.
Consult With Our Experienced Kyle, Texas Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of another individual in the Kyle, Texas area, reach out to the team at Hill Law Firm for help as soon as possible. We have extensive experience handling complex injury claims in the state of Texas, and our attorneys have returned significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of clients. When you need a Kyle personal injury lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.