At Hill Law Firm, we want to help our personal injury clients get the compensation they deserve.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
After an injury, you may think that hiring an attorney is an unnecessary expense. Yet, it may be difficult to hold the responsible parties accountable without help. An attorney’s job entails much more than arguing your case in front of a judge. A successful lawsuit will hinge on many different factors that need the skill of a lawyer. Justin at Hill Law firm has over 11 years of experience in all the aspects of personal injury law.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
A personal injury lawsuit allows you to sue for compensation. However, filing a lawsuit can be confusing. Where do you start? Should you consult your insurance company? How should you seek medical care for your injuries? Our San Antonio personal injury lawyers will answer all these questions and more. We will dedicate ourselves to your case from the moment we decide to take your case.
What Damages can I recover?
When filing a claim, you may be wondering how much it is worth and how much you can recover. The answer to this question varies from case to case. It will depend on the nature of what happened, as well as the extent of your injuries. In Texas, you generally have two years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit. Some common damages include:
– Medical expenses: Reimbursement for treatment received and compensation for future costs.
– Lost wages: Compensation for income lost and money that could be made in the future.
– Property damage: Reimbursement for repairs or compensation for the market value of property.
– Pain and suffering: Compensation for pain and discomfort sustained during an incident and in its aftermath.
– Emotional distress : Compensation for the psychological impact of an injury. This includes including fear, sleep loss, and anxiety.
– Loss of consortium: Compensation for the impact injuries have on the relationship with a family member.
Finding the Best Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
When determining whether or not to hire the right injury attorney, victims and their families should evaluate the lawyer in the following areas:
– Experience: An attorney is only as good as their ability to get the best result for their clients. Years of practice does not necessarily equal experience in prosecuting cases. Be sure to ask the attorney about the types of cases they have handled and their experiences in trial.
– Comfort: Before hiring an attorney, make sure you are comfortable with that attorney and their staff. During a lawsuit, a client will work closely with and spend many hours communicating with the attorney and the staff. Comfort and communication are very important.
– Peer Recognition: While some of the best lawyers are ones you will never hear of, consider whether or not an attorney has been recognized for their achievements. While peer recognition and awards are not 100% accurate, they are indicators that the lawyer at least has some people vouching for his or her abilities. Justin Hill has been recognized as Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars (Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars is a Thompson Reuters Service), Top 40 under 40 (Awarded by the National Trial Lawyers), and Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Texas (Awarded by the National Trial Lawyers).
– Alignment: It is important that the client and their attorney is on the same page when it comes to their strategy. Some clients refuse to ever go to trial and have a lawyer that is pushing the case to trial and vice versa. Before hiring an attorney, potential new clients should always discuss their expectations with any attorney they are considering to make sure they both agree on the plan.
Do not hire an attorney without considering these factors and any others that you deem important. At the end of the day, a client and their attorney should be on the same page and trust each other. When trying to hire the best personal injury lawyer, remember to hire the right lawyer for your specific needs. If you’re looking for an aggressive, capable, and compassionate attorney to handle your case, contact Hill Law Firm today for a free case evaluation.