Accidents involving large commercial trucks often result in extensive devastation on the roadways throughout Texas. These vehicles are much larger than traditional passenger cars, and any collision can result in major injuries and extensive property damage. At Hill Law Firm, our team is here to help if you need a Schertz, TX truck accident lawyer by your side. We will use our resources to fully investigate the incident to determine liability. Our goal is to recover total compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Hill Law Firm for Your Schertz Truck Accident Claim?
- At Hill Law Firm, our team has more than 11 years of experience handling complex vehicle accident and injury cases throughout Texas.
- We have the resources to stand up to well-funded trucking companies and their legal teams to handle every aspect of these claims on behalf of our clients.
- We take Schertz truck accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not owe us anything until after we successfully recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Will You Need an Attorney for a Truck Accident Case in Schertz?
Truck accident claims must be handled differently than typical car accident cases in Texas. When a skilled truck accident lawyer in Schertz becomes involved in your case, they will handle every aspect of the claim. This will include gathering any evidence needed to prove liability, including truck company safety records, photo and video surveillance, eyewitness statements, truck driver safety history, and more.
A Schertz, TX car accident attorney will make sure that a medical professional fully evaluate your situation and treats your injuries. Additionally, a lawyer will ensure that all losses are adequately calculated (property damage, out-of-pocket expenses, pain, and suffering, etc.).
Who Will Be Liable for a Truck Accident Claim?
There may be various parties who could be held liable in the aftermath of a truck crash, but we often find that these incidents are caused by the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company. Truck drivers are responsible for ensuring the safety of those around them, but we often determine that crashes are caused by drivers:
- Operating too fast for conditions
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Disregarding hours of service requirements set forth by the FMCSA
- Failing to inspect the truck before each trip
- Allowing the truck to be overloaded or improperly loaded
- Operating while fatigued
Trucking companies can also hold direct liability in these situations if they:
- Fail to inspect or maintain the vehicles regularly
- Fail to implement proper hiring and training practices
- Encourage drivers to disregard federal safety requirements
The Texas Department of Transportation states that more than 400 individuals lost their lives as a result of collisions involving larger commercial trucks across this state during the latest reporting year. Additionally, there were more than 32,000 total commercial motor vehicle collisions in Texas during that same reporting year.
Contact a Schertz, TX Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company in the Schertz, Texas area, reach out to the team at Hill Law Firm today. Our personal injury attorneys in Schertz, TX will handle every aspect of the claim on your behalf, including all communication and negotiations with insurance carriers and at-fault parties. When you need a Schertz truck accident lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.