Accidents involving large commercial trucks often result in severe injuries, and it can be challenging for those involved to recover compensation for their losses. At Hill Law Firm, we are here to help if you need an Austin truck accident lawyer by your side. We have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout the state of Texas, and we want to make sure that you recover full compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Hill Law Firm for Your Austin Truck Accident Case?
- At Hill Law Firm, our team has recovered millions of dollars in compensation through settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of injury clients throughout the state of Texas.
- We make sure to explore every route of compensation on behalf of our clients.
- Attorney Justin Hill is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses on providing a client-centered approach to every case.
How Will an Attorney Help a Truck Accident Claim in Austin?
Truck accident claims present more challenges than traditional vehicle accident cases. The reality is that trucking companies, their insurance carriers, and their legal teams will push back hard from having to pay compensation.
When a truck accident lawyer in Austin gets involved, they will use their resources to handle every aspect of the claim. This will include gathering all evidence needed to prove liability, such as:
- The truck’s electronic control module (ECM)
- The truck driver’s electronic logging device (ELD)
- Truck company safety records
- Truck company employee training records
- Photo and video surveillance of the incident
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Police and accident reports
Importantly, an Austin car accident attorney will ensure that their client is evaluated by trusted medical and economic experts who will adequately calculate total expected losses.
Truck Accidents Happen in a Variety of Ways
Accidents involving large commercial trucks can occur in a wide variety of ways, often due to the negligence of the truck driver or the trucking company.
Truck drivers have tremendous responsibilities, and they must remain attentive at all times. Some of the most common driver-related causes of these accidents include the following:
- Failing to abide by federal hours of service requirements
- Operating while distracted by a phone or another device
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while fatigued
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failing to inspect the truck before operation
- Allowing the truck to be overloaded or improperly loaded
Trucking companies can also hold direct liability for these accidents. If a negligent driver causes a crash, the truck company will likely be responsible for paying compensation. Additionally, trucking companies are responsible for regularly inspecting and maintaining each vehicle to ensure safe operation on the roadway. Trucking companies are also responsible for following adequate hiring practices, including background checks and training of drivers.
Most Common Truck Accident Injuries
Information available from the Federal Highway Administration shows us that large commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and reach lengths of 75 feet. When we compare this to traditional passenger cars, it is easy to see why accidents involving large commercial trucks resulted in such devastation. Unfortunately, drivers and passengers in traditional vehicles often sustain severe injuries in these incidents, including the following:
- Spinal cord trauma with paralysis
- Other severe back or neck injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Burn injuries
- Crush injuries or amputations
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
Individuals involved in an accident with a large commercial truck are also likely to sustain various types of unseen emotional and psychological trauma. This trauma can come from the initial crash, the subsequent injuries, as well as the recovery process and include feelings of fear, anxiety, stress, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). At Hill Law Firm, our goal is to make sure that clients recover total compensation for their losses after a truck accident occurs, including compensation for the physical injuries mentioned above as well as the unseen emotional and psychological injuries.
Compensation Available After an Austin Truck Accident Occurs
Individuals may be able to recover various types of compensation after a vehicle accident involving a large commercial truck in Austin. Our San Antonio injury attorneys strive to recover both economic and non-economic compensation on behalf of every client that we help.
- Economic damages. This refers to expenses that are relatively calculable after gathering up bills and receipts that come in after a truck crash occurs, and we also refer to these as special damages. Some of the most common types of calculable losses include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage expenses
- Lost wages
- Non-economic damages. We refer to these as general damages. These are losses that are harder to calculate after a truck crash occurs in Austin. Some of the most common types of non-economic damages include a victim’s:
- Physical pain and suffering damages
- Emotional and psychological damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Loss of consortium for a spouse or family member
How Much Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Charge?
At Hill Law Firm, we take Austin truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients will not have to pay any upfront costs related to their case, and they will not owe any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Contact an Austin Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured as a result of the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or truck company in the Austin, Texas, area, reach out to the team at Hill Law Firm today. Our personal injury attorneys in Austin have the resources necessary to fully investigate your claim and help you recover total compensation for your losses. We will not hesitate to stand up to aggressive insurance carriers and trucking companies, and we will take your case to trial if necessary. When you need an Austin truck accident lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.