Disney Issues Infant Hoodie Recall For Choking Hazard
Parents should check their infant child’s closets and dressers for infant hoodies that may be there. On Wednesday, The Walt Disney Company issued an infant hoodie recall for about 15,000 garments that were sold exclusively at Disney parks than their website because the hoodies may present a choking hazard to the children aged 6 to 24 months they are meant for.
Though Disney reports that they have received no reports of injuries or deaths so far, they recalled their Mickey and Minnie Mouse hooded sweatshirts because of the potential hazard. The hoodies being recalled feature mouse ears at the top and a three-snap closure, which is the source of the concern, as the company realized through testing that the snaps could come off far too easily and that children could easily swallow them.
These Minnie and Mickey Mouse sweatshirts are made from a blend of cotton and polyester and feature the size printed on the back inside of the neck of the hoodies, along with the words “Disney Parks.” The sizes being recalled are 6M, 12M, 18M and 24M. The hoodies also feature a label on the left side seam. Printed on the label are the date codes FAC-010635-16194 or FAC-010635-16015 (for Minnie) and FAC-010635-16220, FAC-010635-16015, or FAC-010635-16280 (for Mickey). The clothing was sold at Disney Parks, including the Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida and Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, but they were also sold on the Shop Disney Parks website. The clothing was sold between April and October of 2016 for about $3.
The company is asking that all customers who purchased one of these hoodies for their infant child return them to the company for a full refund. To return the hoodies, they can contact Disney by phone or they can go to the Disney Store website to find out more.
Anyone who has one or more of these hoodies should not take a chance and put their child at risk. They should follow the instructions of the recall and return the clothing to Disney before their child gets curious and tries to gnaw off one of the snaps and chokes on it. Those manufacturers who make products for small children have a duty to make them as safe as possible and to use the finest quality components that keep children safe.
If your precious child has been injured as a result of using this or any other children’s product that has been defective in its manufacture, please contact the experienced Texas Child Consumer Product Safety Attorney atthe Hill Law Firm as soon as you can. We will conduct a thorough investigation and we have the skills and the knowledge to be able to take on any manufacturer, regardless of size and make sure they are held responsible. We want to help you protect your and your child’s rights under the law.