Austin Work Injury Lawyer
When most people sustain work injuries, they turn directly to workers’ compensation insurance for payment of their medical bills and a portion of their lost wages. However, if your work injury was caused by a third party other than your employer, you may be entitled to even more compensation as a result of a personal injury lawsuit. At Hill Law Firm, we are here to help if you need an Austin work injury attorney to help with your third-party claim. Let us fully investigate your case and help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Hill Law Firm for Your Austin Work Injury Case?
- At Hill Law Firm, we offer exceptional service to clients who have sustained workplace injuries caused by a third party.
- We provide a client-focused approach to every case that we handle, which means that we ensure that your goals and needs are listened to.
- We handle third-party work injury claims in Austin on a contingency basis. This means that clients do not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will an Attorney Help a Work Injury Claim in Austin?
Work injury third party claims are challenging, particularly when trying to move the case away from the workers’ compensation system. You can fully expect the employer, the insurance carrier, and the actual at-fault party to push back hard from having to pay out compensation. However, a skilled work injury lawyer in Austin can:
- Investigate the incident to determine liability
- Prove why the claim is a third party case and not a workers’ comp issue
- Work with trusted medical and economic experts to calculate losses
- Fully prepare the case for trial
Understanding Third-Party Work Injury Claims
Most work injury victims will receive payment of their medical bills and a portion of their lost wages through the workers’ compensation system in Texas. However, if the injury is caused by a third party, workers can file a civil personal injury lawsuit and likely recover additional types of compensation, including complete medical bill coverage, full payment of lost wages, and pain and suffering damages.
There are a variety of parties that could be held liable for a work injury. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Property owners (premises liability claims)
- Work equipment manufacturers (product liability claims)
- Other drivers in vehicle accident claims
It is crucial to understand that injured workers have a two-year timeframe with which to file a lawsuit against an alleged negligent party for a third-party claim. Failing to file a lawsuit within this two-year timeframe, per the Texas personal injury statute of limitations, will likely result in the case being dismissed.
Call Our Austin Work Injury Attorneys Today For a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one has been injured in the workplace as a result of a third party aside from your employer or a coworker, turn to the team of Austin personal injury lawyers at Hill Law Firm for help today. We have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these claims, and we have experience investigating product manufacturers, property owners, and other parties when working on filing third-party lawsuits on behalf of injured employees. When you need an Austin work injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.