Austin Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents often result in significant injuries and major financial losses for victims. Unfortunately, it can be challenging to recover compensation in these situations. At Hill Law Firm, our team is here to help if you need an Austin pedestrian accident lawyer by your side. We have vast resources at our disposal that we will bring to your side to make sure that you recover the compensation you are entitled to. We have no problem standing up to aggressive insurance carriers, and we will take your case to trial if necessary.
Choose Hill Law Firm for Your Austin Pedestrian Accident Claim
- At Hill Law Firm, our team handles a wide range of personal injury claims that revolve around the negligence of another person, party, or entity.
- We have a track record of success securing major settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients throughout this state.
- Our team takes Austin pedestrian accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Why You Need an Attorney for a Pedestrian Accident Claim in Austin
Pedestrian accident claims are fraught with challenges, particularly when the insurance carrier of the at-fault party gets involved. However, when an injured pedestrian works with an attorney, they will have an advocate by their side, ready to handle every aspect of the claim. This will include fully investigating the incident to determine liability, negotiating with the insurance carriers, and preparing the case for trial if necessary.
A skilled lawyer will explain every aspect of the process to their client so that they understand what steps are being taken and what still has to be done before compensation can be paid.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Texas
Data available from the Texas Department of Transportation shows us that there were 4,844 total pedestrian crashes reported across the state during the latest reporting year. Out of these incidents, there were:
- 717 fatalities
- 1,157 suspected serious injuries
- 2,457 non-incapacitating injuries
- 2,113 possible injuries
Pedestrian accidents occur in a wide variety of ways across this state, often due to the careless or negligent actions of other drivers. This includes, but is not limited to, other drivers:
- Failing to yield the right of way at crosswalks
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by phones or other devices
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Operating recklessly inside parking lots
- Failing to check blind spots
What Compensation is Available After a Pedestrian Accident in Austin, Texas?
Pedestrian accident victims in Austin may be able to recover various types of compensation for their losses. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Full coverage of their medical expenses
- Payment of lost wages if they cannot work
- Various household out-of-pocket expenses
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
Contact an Austin Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury in a pedestrian crash caused by the negligence of another driver, reach out to the team at Hill Law Firm as soon as possible. Our Austin injury lawyers have the resources necessary to fully investigate every aspect of your claim and make sure that you recover total compensation for losses. When you need an Austin pedestrian accident lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.