San Marcos Wrongful Death Lawyer
Losing somebody that you love as a result of the negligent or intentional actions of another individual or entity is something that nobody should ever have to experience. At Hill Law Firm, we are here to help if you need a San Marcos wrongful death lawyer by your side. Our team has the resources necessary to handle every aspect of these claims on your behalf so you can focus on being with your family during this difficult time. We want to help make sure that you recover the compensation and closure you are entitled to.
Why Turn to Hill Law Firm for Your Wrongful Death Claim in San Marcos
- At Hill Law Firm, we focus on providing compassionate and individualized care for families going through the grieving process after losing a loved one.
- Our team has a track record of success and has recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of clients throughout Texas.
- We handle wrongful claims in San Marcos on a contingency fee basis. This means families will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
Why Do You Need an Attorney for a San Marcos Wrongful Death Case?
Wrongful death attorneys have multifaceted roles when it comes to these cases. They will be responsible for:
- Investigating every aspect of the incident in order to determine the liability of the at-fault party.
- Working with trusted economic and financial experts to adequately calculate a family’s total expected losses.
- Negotiating with insurance carriers and at-fault parties to recover full compensation on behalf of family members and the estate.
What Is a Wrongful Death Claim?
Wrongful death cases arise in a variety of ways throughout the state of Texas. If we examine the law in this state, we can see that these claims can arise anytime another individual or entity’s careless, negligent, or intentional actions cause a fatality. Additionally, wrongful death cases can also be filed if the injured individual would have been able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party if they had survived the incident (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code §§ 71.001 to 71.012).
Time Limit to File a Wrongful Death Claim
It is important to understand that wrongful death claims must be filed relatively quickly in the state of Texas. Family members have two years from the date of their loved one’s death to file these claims in court. Failing to file these claims within this timeframe will likely result in the family being unable to recover the closure and compensation they are looking for.
Contact a San Marcos Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or intentional actions of another individual in the San Marcos, Texas, area, reach out to the team at Hill Law Firm as soon as possible. Our personal injury attorneys in San Marcos have a vast network of resources that we will use to investigate every aspect of your claim. We want to make sure that your family recovers the closure and compensation you are entitled to for this tragic loss. When you need a San Marcos wrongful death attorney, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.