Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are very popular throughout Texas and here in Round Rock. However, what happens if an accident involving one of these vehicles occurs and causes injuries or property damage? At Hill Law Firm, our Round Rock Uber and Lyft accident attorneys have the resources necessary to handle these claims and we understand how rideshare insurance works. Let us make sure that you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Turn to Hill Law Firm for Your Round Rock Uber & Lyft Accident Claim
- At Hill Law Firm, we have extensive resources at our disposal that we can use to go up against aggressive insurance carriers and rideshare companies.
- We have a track record of success handling complex vehicle accident claims throughout the state of Texas and have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- We take Uber and Lyft accident cases in Round Rock on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients do not have to pay any legal fees until we recover the compensation they need.
Uber and Lyft accident claims become immensely difficult, particularly when trying to navigate the complex insurance claims process involved. A lawyer will conduct a full investigation into the incident just like they would with any other vehicle accident in order to determine liability. They will also ensure that their client is evaluated by trusted medical and economic professionals who can help properly calculate total expected losses.
Importantly, an attorney will be the one to engage in negotiations with the insurance carriers or the rideshare company in order to recover full compensation for their client.
Understanding Rideshare Insurance Policies and Payouts
It can be challenging to understand how compensation is paid out after an Uber or Lyft accident. In general, rideshare companies operate on a tiered insurance system that depends on the driver’s status at the time the crash occurs:
- If a rideshare driver is not on duty when they cause a crash, then their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for paying compensation to injury and property damage victims.
- If a rideshare driver is on duty but does not have a passenger or is not on the way to pick one up when they cause a crash, their personal insurance carrier will still primarily be responsible for paying compensation to injury and property damage victims. Both Uber and Lyft do have supplemental policies in place that can help cover compensation if the personal carrier denies the claim or does not provide enough compensation.
- If a rideshare driver is on duty and has a passenger or is on the way to pick one up when they cause a crash, then Uber and Lyft both have a minimum $1 million insurance policy designed to cover every party involved.
Contact a Round Rock Uber & Lyft Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle in the Round Rock, Texas area, reach out to the team at Hill Law Firm for help today. Our Round Rock, TX personal injury lawyers have extensive experience handling complex vehicle accident cases throughout the state of Texas, and we know what it takes to stand up to the insurance carriers involved in these rideshare accident cases. When you need a Round Rock Uber and Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.