If you or a loved one was recently injured in an accident involving an Amazon delivery vehicle in Laredo, Texas, discuss your potential legal options with an attorney at Hill Law Firm. We will listen to your story during a free case consultation and answer your legal questions. Our attorneys have years of experience going up against major companies such as Amazon.com in automobile accident cases. Contact us to start your case with a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Laredo Amazon Delivery Accident Attorney?
- We understand the unique challenges associated with Amazon delivery accident cases. Our Laredo truck accident lawyers can advocate for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
- When results matter, clients trust Hill Law Firm. We have a 99 percent case success rate and have collected millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only pay your Laredo Amazon delivery accident attorney if we win your case.
What Causes Amazon Delivery Accidents in Laredo?
Texas is an “at-fault” state in terms of financial responsibility (liability) for an automobile accident. This means the cause of the crash must be determined before a victim can file an insurance claim. The most common cause of Amazon delivery vehicle accidents is human error, such as careless delivery driver mistakes.
- Driving while distracted/texting and driving
- Going too fast for road or traffic conditions (speeding)
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while tired or drowsy
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Following other vehicles too closely
Issues with the Amazon delivery vehicle can also cause accidents, such as bad brakes or a tire blowout due to inadequate fleet maintenance. Finally, improperly loaded cargo could lead to imbalanced trucks, rollover accidents and lost cargo loads. Amazon has a responsibility to prevent accidents with proper driver training, truck maintenance and regulatory compliance.
When Is Amazon Liable for Delivery Driver Accidents?
Amazon’s liability for delivery driver accidents depends on the circumstances surrounding the crash. It may be possible to hold Amazon liable for the actions of a driver who was acting within the course and scope of his or her employment at the time of the crash. Amazon’s Commercial Auto Insurance Policy offers up to $1 million in coverage for injuries and property damage caused by drivers who are classified as employees. If the Amazon delivery driver is an independent contractor, however, his or her personal car insurance may have to pay, instead.
Damages Available for an Amazon Delivery Accident
Filing a claim after an Amazon delivery accident in Laredo could lead to a settlement or judgment award that reimburses you for several related losses. These may include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Losses of income and future earning capacity
- Disability or disfigurement
- Property damage repairs or vehicle replacement
- Pain and suffering (noneconomic damages)
- Wrongful death damages, after a fatal accident
- Punitive damages, in rare cases
Discuss how much your case might be worth with a knowledgeable Laredo personal injury attorney at Hill Law Firm before accepting an insurance settlement. We will accurately evaluate your claim based on its unique factors.
Contact Hill Law Firm for a Free Case Review in Laredo, Texas
If you were involved in an accident with an Amazon delivery vehicle in Laredo, find out how the attorneys at Hill Law Firm can help you move forward. Our lawyers can take care of the claims-filing process for you while you focus on healing. Request a free case evaluation today at (210) 960-3939 or by contacting us online anytime.