If you sustain an injury while conducting on-the-job duties, you should be able to recover compensation for your losses. However, if your injury was caused by the negligence of a third party, you may be entitled to compensation above what is available through workers’ comp. At Hill Law Firm, we are here to help if you need a Schertz, TX work injury attorney by your side. Our team will investigate the incident, determine liability, and help recover total compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Hill Law Firm for Your Schertz Work Injury Claim?
- At Hill Law Firm, we understand the complex nature surrounding third-party work injury claims and workers’ compensation cases.
- We have extensive resources at our disposal that we can use to fully investigate every personal injury claim that we take.
- We handle work injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will pay zero legal fees until after we recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Will You Need a Lawyer for a Work Injury Case in Schertz?
A skilled work injury lawyer in Schertz will have a thorough understanding of how a third-party injury claim differs from a traditional workers’ compensation case in the state of Texas. This means that an attorney will have to treat the situation just like a traditional personal injury case by:
- Conducting a full investigation into the case to determine liability
- Ensuring their client is evaluated by trusted medical professionals
- Handling all negotiations with insurance carriers and at-fault parties
- Preparing the case for a full personal injury trial if necessary
How a Third-Party Claim Is Different From a Workers’ Comp Claim
When a person sustains a workplace injury, they are typically able to recover complete coverage of their medical bills and a portion of their lost wages. The workers’ compensation system in Texas is considered a no-fault system, where an individual can recover compensation regardless of who caused the injury. However, if an injury is caused by a third party aside from the employer or a coworker, the injury victim may be able to recover additional compensation for their injuries.
It is not uncommon for workplace injuries to be caused by other parties such as property owners, other drivers on the roadway, and product manufacturers. In these cases, the injured victim may be able to file in civil court and a step outside of the workers’ compensation system. In these situations, the injury victim and their attorney will have to prove the negligence of the other party, and they may be able to recover compensation above and beyond what they would otherwise have been able to receive, including complete recovery of all lost income and future lost wages as well as pain and suffering damages.
Contact a Schertz, TX Work Injury Attorney Today
If you or somebody you love has sustained a workplace injury caused by a third party aside from your employer or a coworker, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Hill Law Firm, our team of injury attorneys in Schertz, TX has extensive experience handling third-party work injury and personal injury claims. Our goal is to investigate the incident, determine liability, and help you recover full compensation for your losses. When you need a Schertz work injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling us at (210) 960-3939.