Bus accidents can be catastrophic due to the number of people involved, a lack of safety belts on buses, and the size and weight of the average bus. Bus passengers, the occupants of other vehicles, and bicyclists and pedestrians in New Braunfels are all at risk of suffering serious injuries in bus accidents.
The odds of a bus accident are higher when someone is negligent, or fails to use proper care. At Hill Law Firm, we represent victims of bus accidents in personal injury claims to help them hold negligent parties accountable and seek fair financial compensation. Contact us for a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
- We care about our clients and will fight for you. You will benefit from a personalized legal strategy that keeps your unique goals and needs in mind.
- Our attorneys have many years of experience handling bus accident cases in New Braunfels and throughout Texas. We have collected millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- Our New Braunfels personal injury law firm accepts bus accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay us unless we win.
Bus Accidents Are Often Caused by Negligence
Negligence serves as the foundation for most personal injury claims. If someone is negligent, he or she does not exercise an ordinary or reasonable degree of care. When negligence results in injury to another person, the negligent party can be held liable, or legally and financially responsible, for the victim’s related losses. This can include medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
In a bus accident case in Texas, the liable person or party may be:
- A careless or reckless bus driver
- The driver of another vehicle
- A bus company that fails to properly train its drivers or maintain its fleet of buses
- A private school or public school district (school bus accidents)
- The government agency responsible for ensuring the safety of public transit in New Braunfels
- The manufacturer of a defective bus or piece of equipment
Our New Braunfels car accident lawyer at the Hill Law Firm can conduct a comprehensive investigation of your bus accident to determine liability. Then, we can take care of the legal paperwork required to file a claim on your behalf. We have experience going up against many defendants, big and small, on behalf of injured accident victims in Texas.
Steps to Take After a Bus Accident
As an injured victim, you should take steps to protect yourself after a bus crash in New Braunfels. Forgetting to take certain actions can make it harder to recover fair compensation from an insurance company for your injuries and related bills.
Ten steps to take are:
- Report the crash to the police and seek medical care for your injuries.
- If you were driving another vehicle, do not admit fault for the bus accident.
- Exchange information with the bus driver and all other involved parties.
- Take photos of the scene of the crash before you leave.
- Write down a description of the accident while the details are still fresh in your mind.
- Keep your bus pass or bus ticket as evidence for your injury claim.
- Avoid posting about the bus accident on social media.
- Document your medical care, bills and financial losses.
- Follow your doctor’s medical advice while you heal from your injuries.
- Consult with an attorney before beginning the insurance claims process.
An insurance company will not want to maximize your financial recovery as a bus accident victim. This is why it is important to contact an attorney early on to take over settlement negotiations for you.
Speak to a New Braunfels Bus Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was recently injured in a bus accident in New Braunfels, seek legal advice from the team of knowledgeable attorneys at Hill Law Firm. We offer free initial consultations at no obligation to hire us. Call (210) 960-3939 or contact us online to request a case review.