Land’s End Issues Children’s Clothing Recall for Sleepwear
Wisconsin-based clothing company Land’s End has issued a voluntary recall of nearly 173,000 of their children’s pajamas and robes because they do not meet federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear. Because of this, the clothing poses a potential risk of the child receiving burn injuries.
In all, this latest recall covers a large number of styles and types of children’s pajamas, including sleep sets, sleepers, pants, nightgowns and robes for boys, girls and toddlers. They are made from 100% polyester fleece or knit, and they come in sizes 3 months to 16 (girls) and 20 (boys).
The items, which were sold through Land’s End’s Kids Catalog and the company’s website between January 2014 and February 2015 for between $19 and $35, also come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. The style number is printed on a tag that is attached to each garment, either at the neck, waist or side seam. Style numbers included in the recall are:
- 434255 – Toddler girl’s long sleeve solid fleece hooded robe
- 439935 – Boy’s knit sleep pant set
- 441286 – Little boy’s knit sleep pant set
- 441540 – Toddler boy’s knit sleep pant set
- 444983 – Toddler boy’s fleece pajama set
- 444986 – Toddler boy’s fleece sleep pant
- 444991 – Toddler boy’s full zip fleece sleeper
- 444999 – Toddler boy’s hood fleece printed robe
- 445595 – Toddler boy’s solid hooded fleece robe
- 445927 – Toddler girl’s sleep fleece set
- 445930 – Infant long sleeve full-zip fleece sleeper
- 445933 – Toddler girl’s hooded fleece robe
- 447284 – Boy’s fleece open btm pajama set
- 447285 – Boy’s fleece sleep pant
- 447286 – Boy’s full zip fleece sleeper
- 447287 – Boy’s print hooded fleece robe
- 447288 – Boy’s solid hooded fleece robe
- 447352 – Girl’s long sleeve fleece shirred gown
- 447353 – Girl’s long sleeve full-zip fleece sleeper
- 447354 – Girl’s long sleeve print hooded fleece robe
- 447357 – Girl’s knit sleep top
- 447359 – Girl long sleeve solid fleece hooded robe
- 447361 – Girl’s sleep fleece pant
- 447362 – Girl’s sleep fleece set
- 448521 – Toddler girl’s long sleeve fleece gown
To date, there have been no reported injuries linked to the clothing, but consumers who have purchased it are being asked to take it away from the children immediately and return it to the company. By calling the company, they will receive a free prepaid mailing label, a full refund and a $15 Lands’ End gift card.
If you have any of the above clothing, please follow the recall instructions immediately. Your child is too precious to take that chance. If your child has been injured, and you believe any sort of defective product may have been the cause, please contact the knowledgeable and experienced Texas Defective Product Injury Lawyer at Hill Law Firm immediately, so that we can protect your rights.